Server Managerand click
Add Roles and Features. Click Next.
- Select Role-based or feature-based installation and click Next.
- Select the appropriate server. The local server is selected by default. Click Next.
- Enable Web Server (IIS) and click Next.
- No additional features are necessary to install the Web Adaptor, so click Next.
- On the Web Server Role (IIS) dialog box, click Next.
- On the Select role services dialog box, verify that the web server components listed below are enabled. Click Next.
- Verify that your settings are correct and click Install.
- When the installation completes, click Close to exit the wizard.
- Open Server Manager and click Manage.
- Use the Add Roles and Features wizard from the Manage menu or the link in Server Manager.
- Select Role-based or Feature-based Installation. Select Next.
- Select the appropriate server (the local server is selected by default). Select Next.
- Expand Web Server (IIS) in the Roles tree, expand Web Server, and then expand Application Development.
- Select WebSocket Protocol. Select Next.
- If additional features aren't needed, select Next.
- Select Install.
- When the installation completes, select Close to exit the wizard.
Note: You MUST have IIS installed before installing Windows Hosting Bundle.
You can download the zip file from:
then unzip its contents to a folder
Or you can do it with PowerShell:
> Invoke-WebRequest -Uri https://update.hideez.com/hes/windows_x64_latest.zip -OutFile ~\windows_x64_latest.zip
> Expand-Archive -LiteralPath ~\windows_x64_latest.zip -DestinationPath C:\Hideez\HES
this download and extract the HES to
Navigate to the 'C:\Hideez\HES' directory and run the HES.Wizard application next, follow the setup tips and configure the server
Option 1 (creating a certificate using IIS)
- Start IIS Manager.
- Click on the name of the server in the Connections column on the left. Double-click on Server Certificates.
- In the Actions column on the right, click on Create Self-Signed Certificate...
- Enter any friendly name (for example HES) and then click OK.
- You will now have an IIS Self Signed Certificate valid for 1 year listed under Server Certificates.
You can click on the created certificate and see its properties.
Option 2 (creating a certificate using PowerShell)
An alternative way to create a certificate is to use the cmdlet
New-SelfSignedCertificatein PowerShell, which can be used to specify the required CN:
New-SelfSignedCertificate -DnsName <you_domain_name> -FriendlyName <friendly_name>
New-SelfSignedCertificate -DnsName hideez.example.com -FriendlyName HES
- Start IIS Manager.
- In the Connections pane, right-click the Sites node in the tree view, and then click Add Web Site.
- In the Add Web Site dialog box, type a friendly name for your Web site in the Site name box. "HES" would be a good choice.
- In the Physical path box, type the physical path of the Web site's folder (C:\Hideez\HES), or click the browse button (...) to browse the file system to find the folder.
- If you want to select a different application pool than the one listed in the Application Pool box. In the Select Application Pool dialog box, select an application pool from the Application Pool list, and then click OK.
- The default value in the IP address box is All Unassigned. If you must specify a static IP address for the Web site, type the IP address in the IP address box.
- Optionally, type a host header name for the Web site in the Host Header box.
- If you do not have to make any changes to the site, and you want the Web site to be immediately available, select the Start Web site immediately check box.
- Click OK.
- After warning, "The binding" *: 80 ′ is assigned to another site ... ", click YES
- In the Bindings pane click "Add" and Add site Binding with type https for you hostname port 443 and with you certificate (In the SSL certificate drop-down menu, select your certificate).
- In Sites node turn off "Default Web Site".
4.3. Application pool configuration
- Go into the IIS Manager
- Click on Application Pools (on the left)
- Right click on your application pool
- Select Advanced Settings
- Change the value of .NET CLR Version to No Managed Code
- Process Model
- Change the value of Idle Time-out (minutes) to 0
- Change the value of Load User Profile to True
- Change Regular Time Interval (minutes) to 0