User Guide – first steps with the Hideez Client
First Steps with the Hideez Client without USB dongle
- 1.For successful pairing of the Hideez Key device, you will need a Windows 10, OS build 1840, or later. For earlier versions, the correct operation of the device is not guaranteed. How to find out which version of Windows your device is running.
- 2.Select Start > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices.
- 3.Press (short press) the button on the Hideez Key device.After you press a device button, a blue LED lights up - three long flashes of variable brightness, which means that the device is ready for Pairing. Video
- 4.Click Add Bluetooth or other devices > Bluetooth on the Windows screen.
- 5.Select your Hideez Key device (for example HK-00203). The last five digits coincide with the serial number printed on the device box.
- 6.After the connection is established, the green LED lights up (blinks) on the selected device, inviting you to confirm the operation. You need to confirm pairing with a short button press. If you don’t confirm the operation within 15 seconds, there will be no pairing and the LED on the device will stop blinking.Video
- 7.Successful pairing is confirmed by the inscription «Your device is ready to go».
- 8.In the Bluetooth & other devices section, a new HK3-00203 device appears.
After installing the Hideez Client App on your Windows computer, you will see the icon in the taskbar. Click on it and launch the application.
After launching the Hideez Client, you will see a screen:
Please check if the Server and Bluetooth indicators are green.
To do this, you need to wait a few minutes. If you need to speed up this process, then you just need to turn off and then turn on Bluetooth on your PC.
Concurrently with the Hideez Key, the administrator should give you an activation code. It can be sent in an e-mail or communicated in another way. Enter this 6-digit numeric code in the activation code field and click Confirm.
After you go through the activation procedure, you will see this screen.
You see the Vault Settings section, but the yellow lock and red indicators show that the Hideez key storage has not been loaded yet.
You need to click on the lock icon.
You need to press the button to confirm authorization.
Depending on the settings set for you by the administrator, Hideez Client will regularly ask you to enter a PIN code or press a button to make sure that you are using the key.
Now you can access the accounts that the administrator adds for you to the Hideez key. You can't change or see passwords; you can only use them. The Cloud icon indicates such accounts.
Now you are ready to unlock your computer with the Hideez key. Please lock your workstation, for example, by pressing Win + L, you will see the screen below.
Click on the inscription: Click here to unlock with HK-*last 5 serial number digits*. The hardware key will be found and connected and then the PC will be unlocked.